Harrisons High Potency Fine Organic Bird Pellets 5 lb (2.27 kg)
6 in stockCompare
Harrison’s High Potency Fine 5 lb Premium Certified Organic Bird Foods
Fine recommended for Canary, Parakeet, Budgie, Cockatiel, Lovebird, Quaker, Conure, Dove, Mynah, Lory, Etc.
Harrison’s High Potency Formula Bird Food can be used as a year-round maximum nutrition formula diet for most pet bird breeds. Special uses: All diet conversions (switching to Harrisons from any other diet), molting birds, overweight & underweight birds, weaned birds under the age of 6-8 months, sick birds, birds with special needs.
Harrison’s Bird Foods are premium, certified organic diets made up of the best ingredients available. To assure freshness be sure to keep the food tightly sealed in its original packaging. Refrigeration after opening may bag help maintain freshness. Use food up in 4 – 6 weeks after opening bag.
Year-round formula for conures, lories, quakers, cockatiels, lovebirds, doves and other small to medium parrots.
- Conversion: All birds should start out and remain on High Potency Formula for a period of at least 6 months.
- Special needs: For birds that are molting, overweight, underweight, particularly active, housed in a cold climate, recovering from an illness or affected by liver or kidney disease. Please visit harrisonsbirdfoods.com/specialneeds
- Weaning Birds: Feed High Potency Formula for at least 6-9 months.
- Breeding Birds: Birds should be fed High Potency Formula 1-2 months prior to the breeding period and until chicks are weaned or for at least six months before resuming Adult Lifetime Formula.
- The amount of supplemental certified organic vegetables and fruits may be increased until the chicks are weaned. For each 2 Tbs (20 g) Formula, add ½ (5 g) Tbs certified organic sunflower seeds.
- Feed fresh food daily, do not “top off”. To help reduce waste, feed as distinct meals.
- Birds may eat all they want but use the table below as a guideline.
High Potency Fine Ingredients: *Ground Hulled White Millet (Proso), *Ground Shelled Sunflower Seeds, *Ground Hulless Barley, *Ground Yellow Corn, *Ground Soybeans, *Ground Shelled Peanuts, *Ground Rice, *Ground Green Peas, *Ground Lentils, *Ground Toasted Oat Groats, Chia Seed, Ground Sun Dried Alfalfa, Calcium Carbonate, Montmorillonite Clay, *Spirulina, Ground Dried Sea Kelp, Vitamin E Supplement, Sea Salt, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, d-Biotin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Sodium Selenite. *CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENT
Guaranteed Analysis: Crude protein (min.) 20%, crude fat (min.) 12%, crude fiber (max.) 5%, moisture (max.) 10%
It is not recommended to supplement with vitamins or other bird or animal food products. Supplementation should be limited to no more than 10% of the overall diet. Offer certified organic vegetables and fruits in small quantities; select dark yellow meaty or dark green leafy items such as sweet potatoes, carrots, pumpkin, winter squash, broccoli, parsley, spinach, mango or papaya.
[For birds with suspected iron-storage disease: Avoid citrus fruits, tomatoes, kiwi, strawberries and other foods containing vitamin C. Avoid grapes, currants, raisins, liver, red meat, egg yolk or dark green vegetables such as spinach, which may contain high levels of iron.]