Scenic bird foods were originally created by Marion Zoological for parrots kept in zoos. Contains 21-24% protein and is intended to be 50% of your bird’s diet, where fresh fruits and vegetables are fed regularly.
This round “ball” is about 1/4 inch in diameter. The food is shaped for small to medium parrots that like to pick up their food with their beaks like Conures. This adds even more interest to the food dish when added with the Jungle Food.
Besides the round shape to encourage their natural eating habits; we have also made this food light and crunchy and with flavors, your bird will love.
Mixed Paradise Food has all the Scenic flavors, Red Apple, Corn, and Chili Spice all mixed together.
Ingredients: Whole grain yellow corn, soybean meal, corn gluten meal, corn hominy feed, sucrose, sugar beet pulp, dehydrated alfalfa, soybean oil, zinc sulfate, flaxseed oil, dicalcium phosphate, niacin supplement, apple fiber, manganese sulfate, ferrous sulfate, calcium carbonate, calcium pantothenate, sodium chloride, l-lysine, copper sulfate, riboflavin supplement, thiamin mononitrate, cobalt oxide, folic acid, menadione nicotinamide bisulfite, l-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), pyridoxine hydrochloride, choline chloride, propionic acid, ethylenediamine dihydriodide, d-biotin, sodium selenite, vitamin B-12 supplement, vitamin A supplement, vitamin D-3 supplement, vitamin E supplement. (Apple and Chili flavors contain a small amount of certified food color).
Selected Nutrients (AF*)
|80 ppm minimum|
3500 IU/Kg min.
20 ppm minimum
2.5 ppm minimum
0.3 ppm minimum
Guaranteed Analysis (AF*)
Replace the seeds in your bird’s food cup with Scenic by following this protocol.
If mixed with other foods, like fruits and vegetables, following this general outline:
|Mature Pet Birds||50% Scenic/50% fruit, veggies|
|Sick Birds||75% Scenic/25% fruit, veggies|
|Immature Birds||75% Scenic/25% fruit, veggies|
|Breeding Birds||90% Scenic/10% fruit, veggies|
|Show Birds||90% Scenic/10% fruit, veggies|
- Introduce it to your bird first in a separate cup from seeds.
- If fed with fruits and vegetables, offer enough Jungle Food to last your bird all day.
- Provide your bird fresh water daily.
- Store food in a cool and dry location.
- Keep food covered when not in use.
- Refrigeration of food is not required.
- Do not use food that is old or has signs of insect or rodent contamination.
- Never use food that is moldy.
CAUTION: Do not add vitamin and mineral supplements to this formula. This practice will upset the delicate balance of nutrients already present and potentially cause contamination.
The food that changed how psittacine birds are fed.
- The basis of a true fruit and vegetable “free choice” feeding protocol.
- Birds are allowed to mimic natural feeding behavior while consuming easy to eat morsels.
- Single formula lowers the overall cost of feeding.
- Single formula simplifies feeding protocols reducing the opportunity for feeding error.
- Highly specified ingredients improve acceptance without unnecessary additives.
- Scientifically researched, studied, and tested.
- Captive manufacturing achieves unmatched quality and consistency.
- Measured and matched pre-mixes are used to control iodine, copper, iron, and selenium.
- No substitutions are allowed in the formula to achieve unmatched consistency.
- Developed and tested by expert professionals including avian nutritionists, avian veterinarians, and avian caregivers.
- Recommended by avian, wildlife, and zoo veterinarians.
- More vitamins, minerals, essential proteins, and oils than pet store products.
- Long-term use in multi-generational breeding proves the efficacy and safety of the protocol.
What makes Scenic Bird Food different?
Bird behavior and socialization in the wild is focused on eating, breeding, and fleeing.
Scenic Bird Food is manufactured to the highest standards resulting in nutritionally balanced morsels. These morsels are then offered to the bird along with fruits, vegetables, nuts, and occasional meats and treats. For more information, please review the Feeding Conversion sections within each product.
The sizes, shapes, and textures of Scenic Bird Food is meant to encourage the natural eating behavior of birds while guiding them toward nutritional responsibility.
Since there are many species living in diverse habitats around the world, it is not practical nor advisable to develop a different food for each one of them. Instead, birds in captivity must be cared for by offering them a stimulating variety of foods while controlling their lack of nutritional wisdom toward the foods we have to offer. And the foods we offer should meet their needs for eating and socialization, nutrition for growth and breeding, and energy requirements for playing and fleeing.
After twenty-five years, Scenic is a whole new way of feeding and caring for birds in captivity; we hope after trying our foods you will agree we have met these goals.
Scenic Bird Food is fed by owners, breeders, rescue centers, veterinarians, and aviaries on four continents.
Having pioneered the revolution to replace seeds with manufactured foods nearly three decades ago, Scenic is now the predominant component of foods fed to exotic birds in zoological institutions, aquaria, and aviaries.